Friday, March 2, 2012

Love Fridays :)

Happy Friday!

So, the night before I tried Julianne Hough's Just Dance. I liked it a lot! In the intro, she gives you a mini lesson of certain steps that will be in the workout, she breaks it down very slowly and repeats it so you can get the hang of it. In the warm up, it brought me back to my days as a teenager in dance class, we did head rolls, hip rolls, stretching, etc. Once we got started things moved very quickly, and while it took a bit for me to catch on to the steps, when I did I loved it! I managed to finish three quarters of the workout before my son had a mini meltdown and I had to squash my hopes of completing it. Let me tell you, I burned up quite a sweat! I love my Walk at Home workouts, but this workout definitely pushed me farther than I've gone thus far. I am definitely going to do it again this weekend, and I will try the Biggest Loser At Home Challenge workout as well.

Last night my sister and I went to my mom's old favorite spot for dinner, Roll n Roaster in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn. I've always ordered the same thing when I go there, cheeseburger, cheese fries and a large sweetened iced tea. Not this time! I ordered a grilled chicken salad with some grilled onions on top and a bottled water. I loved it and was perfectly happy! Times have changed...

Tonight we are going to a Sweet 16. I'm not sure what will be on the menu, but I know it's a buffet. I hope there is at least a salad or veggies there, I am not going to indulge in anything crappy. My focus will be on socializing with friends, chasing my toddler around and dancing as much as I can! Mama hasn't been out in over 2 years, watch out people! LOL

The challenge is going great, I'm staying under my calorie allowance, drinking at least 110 ounces of water a day and logging it all in. I like the structure of the plan!

4 comments:

  1. I grew up at 1045 Shore Pkwy for a bit.. PS 52 on Nostrand Ave.. Brennan and Carr, not Roll and Roaster baby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job choosing the healthier option. Stay strong tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing awesome!! PS - I was born in Brooklym, my grandparents lived in Queens and I will be passing through on Sunday on my way to a family baby shower in Belle Harbor. We moved upstate when I was a kid, but I still have great memories of living there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got some time sweatin' in before the meltdown! :) I love at home work outs... if you ever have time, check out bodyrock.tv. They do a lot of short but intense work outs that you can do at home (usually). They also break down the work outs for modifications. I'm a super fan.

    I've gotta look up that dance video you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete