Friday, February 24, 2012

Body after baby, and hopes for another...

When I became pregnant with my son in February 2010, I weighed 228. I barely gained any weight during the pregnancy, only 6 pounds because I ate very healthy for him, until the very end when I was super swollen – and gained 25 pounds. It was ALL water weight {& baby} because I lost it a week after I gave birth. When pregnant, I was all belly. A month after I had the baby, I weighed 226. When I started this journey to lose weight, I weighed 244.5, 15 months later.

Now, I am wondering what will happen with my body when I reach my goal. Before I gained all of this weight, when I was in my teens and early twenties, I used to have such a nice body. A flat stomach, hourglass shape. I weighed in at 225 this morning, 3 pounds less than when I became pregnant, but my stomach looks so much different. I am doing crunches about 2-3 days out of the week, but I am going to start stepping it up even more to 5 days. I am exercising 6 days out of the week because I want my body to firm up, but I am going to start doing it for 7 days.

This morning I wore a fitted outfit to work, and all of my co-workers commented on how much thinner I looked. A few said my hourglass shape is coming back.

My body may never be the same despite all the work I will put into it. I don’t know if I will ever be bikini ready like I was in my teens/early twenties, but I will put my all into it and do the best I can.

The small price I paid with my body for having my son is PRICELESS. It was worth everything and more.

We hope to try for another baby in the future, and I am thinking a few months after I reach my goal. I want to maintain my goal weight for a little while before we try again. If we are blessed with a second chance {please God!} I will be in great shape for that pregnancy. I know how to eat well and take care of myself while pregnant because I would never jeopardize my growing baby's health, I was very vigilant with my first. This time will be even better because I also care about myself and MY health long term!

No comments:

Post a Comment