Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Monday! What a crazy weekend of running around. I was super busy and very productive. Watched the Super Bowl and was so happy that my NY team won! Go Giants!!

It was sooooo hard not to weigh myself this weekend. I didn’t though. I felt like I would let you guys and myself down, so I managed to keep away from the scale. I am counting down the days until I can, though! Three weeks and three days! LOL

On a more serious note, I had a lot of self reflection going on this weekend. I have been through quite a lot my whole life even since childhood. I always felt strong because of it. But my most defining experiences over all have been becoming a mother and losing my mother. After losing her, I became the weakest I have ever been. I was on the verge of breaking down. I was literally on the edge of losing it. I felt abandoned by God.

Something shifted in me when we entered a new year. I felt a sense of peace and strength. I felt ready to look forward to the future and accomplish my dreams because I’ve learned how short life truly is. I want to be the best mom I could be. I want to be the best person I could be. I feel stronger than I’ve ever felt before, and I know I can handle whatever life throws my way. I am looking forward to pushing myself in many different ways. I also feel closer to God than ever before, He is my rock.

I am not the same person I once was. I’m not as naïve and I’ve lost some of my innocence & happy-go-lucky attitude. But I am so much stronger than before.

I read something this weekend:

When something bad happens to you, you can let it:

A. Define you
B. Destroy you
C. Strengthen you

I choose C!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Sorry, I haven't posted the last two times, I've been ridiculously busy as well but I'm glad you're sticking with it! I'm so happy for you! I definitely love that quote you read.

    One that I try and remind myself often is "In any situation you can either get bitter or get better."

    ReplyDelete